Thursday, 28 January 2010

ASSESSMENT 5: Pitch Idea

Opening Sequence and Film Synopsis: 
My idea for my opening sequence is to film it in an old greenhouse in my dad's back garden. I think the only light being candles will be effective. I intend to have no dialogue in my opening sequence with only the soundtrack being heard. I want to include flashing images of x-rays, religious images and I intend to take my own photos of rosary beads etc to include as props. The only part of the actress which the camera will view, is hands dissecting etc, as I want it to seem mysterious and to remain anonymous. I want the opening sequence to capture the audience by revealing no secrets. I also want to include a weapon visible by the camera, a blood smothered knife, suggesting this person is up to no good.
            When in the editing process I want to freeze some of the movements and images, possibly even turning some black and white to capture their meaning.  The flashing from the images, I wish to be almost like a flash from a camera, so possibly using editing to insert this flash, or using a photography light.
             I also want to achieve a gruesome, strange effect of original horror and gore. I am hoping to include pigs hearts and other organs in jars and trays as though they are humans. The whole idea of this piece is reflected in the title 'Satanophobia' which means a fear of Satan, and the idea is that this person in the dark room has a fear of being in hell so they make offerings to satan through sacrificing other humans instead of themselves.
            The whole look of the scene i will achieve will hopefully have the look of an original horror and when developing the soundtrack i want it to reflect the setting and basis of the sequence by subtly including outbreaks of religious music.
            My film is based on combining horror, religion and sacrifice/offerings. The person we see is dissecting a heart and lungs and then placing them in front of a cross as an offering then praying.
           I drew inspiration from the opening sequence of 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.'


Target Audience Appeal: 
My horror contains blood expected by the audience. Mystery, suspense... And its different to someone else's horror because it uses religion in an unusual way.


Creative Techniques:
 Pig organs are used to create effect of real human organs. Over the shoulder shots, zoom ins, close-ups, pans, canted angles, point of view shots will be used. High tension sound reflecting mood. Costume - rubber gloves, surgery apron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment