Monday, 8 March 2010

Rough Cut Thoughts And Final Cut Ideas

I think that whilst my rough cut represents the Mise En Scene of horror well, it is still lacking in a variety of shots and plot development. I think it could be improved by filming more shots and giving away a little more of the plot. Also I think I could improve on the soundtrack by perhaps adding in strings. I think diegetic sounds in the final cut could be effective and including these is a possibility, these diegetic sounds could include grunts and breathing to show the killers emotions whether their emotions are angry, frustrated or even enjoying the act. I think more props would also help develop the plot and allow the viewer to understand WHY the person is doing this act. These props could include newspapers, a radio broadcast etc to offer more information about the story line while keeping the enigma.

Audience Feedback:
The audience who have watched my rough cut include family and friends. The main responses I received where things such as:
"Creepy."
"I think it needs to develop the plot more."
"A little less focus on meat and more focus on the religion."
"Too much of the meat scenes."
"Bit too much slicing and dicing."

Taking these comments into account I have already began editing the rough cut and I am beginning to remove quite a large chunk of the meat scenes and have went back to recording new clips to use. These clips include quotes from the bible and the beginning of a 'scrapbook'.

No comments:

Post a Comment